Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Martin Gregorie[_2_] Martin Gregorie[_2_] is offline

Default International Phone Charger

On Fri, 01 Mar 2019 10:41:52 -0800, wrote:

My only concern would be that ones with a high energy density (kw-h/kg)
might spontaneously catch fire, and I do not know of any reviews that
address this issue (I think these would all be Li-iion, and you are not
allowed put these in your checked baggage).

Check with your airline - some may have house rules about what they will
allow in checked and/or carry-on luggage.

If you stop or change planes anywhere en route to Kenya, its not a bad
idea to check that country's rules too.

Example: three years ago I changed planes in Dubai en route from London
to India (on Emirates flights). Everybody had to go through security
there. In security a couple of spare 1000mAh batteries for my Panasonic
TZ-70 bridge camera removed from my hand luggage and not returned. These
were well under the allowed total capacity - I'd checked that previously.
When I complained after the trip the response was "local rules - tough".

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org