Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default How to remove coach bolts

That is not going to work as the wood would char.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
On 02/03/2019 21:32, Murmansk wrote:
I'm trying to dismantle one of those outdoor swings - like a wooden sofa
suspended on chains from a wooden framework with A shaped supports at
either end.

The bits of timber are attached with what I think are called coach
bolts - a domed head with a square bit underneath.

The problem is that the bolts are recessed down a hole. I can turn the
nut with a socket set but because it's a all a bit rusty and seized up
the head of the bolt turns as well and I can't get hold of it to stop it
because the head is domed and down a hole.

Any ideas how I can get hold of the head to stop it turning?

Weld a bit of L shaped bar to the head to act as a handle then cut it off
to do the next one and so on?