Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mixing light bulbs

On 3/1/19 3:33 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 10:42:22 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I have an overhead light fixture with 3 40 watt bulbs. one of them burnt out. can I replace only the burnt out bulb with an LED bulb? What if any would be the consequinces? Thanks for a reply

The consequence would be you end updoing the same thing 3 more
times. Change them all and get it over with.
The color temperature of the LED will be different than the
incandescents, so it will "look goofy" if you just change the one.

Several years ago I often saw those "goofy lights", with mixtures of
white CFL/LED bulbs mixed in with the "dirty yellow" (so called "warm
white") bulbs.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Ad for candy bars: "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't."