Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default mixing light bulbs

"Clare Snyder" wrote in message
On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 18:27:24 -0500, Wade Garrett
wrote:

On 3/1/19 4:38 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:

On 2019-03-01, wrote:
I have an overhead light fixture with 3 40 watt bulbs. one of them
burnt
out. can I replace only the burnt out bulb with an LED bulb? What if
any
would be the consequinces? Thanks for a reply

Yes, you can replace just the one lamp with an LED. The consequence
is you
will reduce total power consumption of the fixture.

Tom

Yeah but if he lives in a liberal-governed state or municipality, he'd
probably need to file for an exemption first- and appeal it twice
after
the initial turn-down. Then he would need to purchase a $150 permit,
hire a licensed unionized electrician using an equal-opportunity
illegal
alien helper to hold the ladder, then two inspections before flipping
the switch -)

You are right on!!!!!! You might also caution him to hide all his
plastic straws when the inspectors arrive.

But if he lives in a climate change denying republican conservative
area he'll be lynched by his neighbors when they see the single
off-color bulb amidst the original 3. "mixed race" is an abomination
to the Conservatives - so he better change all 4 and hope the
neighbors are color-blind enough not to realize he's falling into the
"liberal trap" of believing science - which might ALSO get him
lynched.

Mebbe so- but the actions would be those of ordinary citizens, not The
Government.

Understand the difference, libbie?

Whatever happened to "government of the
people, by the people, and for the people" -

It was always just another mindless glib line from a polly.

I might have gotten the order wrong but - - - -