Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default Installing plastic doors and windows.

On 28/02/2019 23:24, Jim K.. wrote:
Michael Chare Wrote in message:
On 28/02/2019 19:56, Jim K.. wrote:
Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Tim Watts wrote:

OTOH if you have/borrow an SDS drilling the lintel is not much of an
ordeal.

But SDS do tend to be quite long, so if you have top-opening lights,
might be tricky to get the drill in.

Drill frame, position frame, make some sort of mark through hole
onto lintel, remove frame, drill hole in lintel, replace frame,
wonder how to tighten screws.... :-D

If I had that problem I would use my small ratchet drive without the
long extensions which I also bought to do another job. :-)

How small is small? And could that equate to weak?

It is a Professional Heavy Duty Quick Release Ratchet Wrench 1/4 Inch
Drive Handle sold on ebay. Certainly strong enough to turn any of the
small bit sets.

--
Michael Chare