Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Installing plastic doors and windows.

On 28/02/2019 18:08, Michael Chare wrote:
When installing plastic door frames and windows frames would you put a
concrete screw going up into the lintel?

I might if the frame was wide. But if you have a steel cored uPVC frame
(which IIRC is most darker coloured frames and not white, unless you
explicitly spec if) then:

If I had an excellent fix at both sides and the window was not *too*
wide, I'd be happy to foam the top. Foam adds a surprising amount of
stiffness.

OTOH if you have/borrow an SDS drilling the lintel is not much of an ordeal.

--
Email does not work