Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Installing plastic doors and windows.

Well as I recall they used some kind of spacers with screws on mynthen used
foam trimmed it and plastered over the top. On the window however they did
not wait quite long enough and about a month later there was a pop and a
crunch and a big bubble of foam had shattered the skimmed over plaster in
the corner of the window and sent the plaster into the sink.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Michael Chare wrote:

When installing plastic door frames and windows frames would you put a
concrete screw going up into the lintel?

I did. Maybe you live with just foam at the top if you had screws in the
other three sides ...