Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Dimmable GU10 LED lamps?

"Mathew Newton" wrote in message
On Thursday, 28 February 2019 14:31:07 UTC, Tim Watts wrote:

And they do - I have a set. They are awesome.

That's good to hear; I was wondering how well they work in practice.

Pity they don't yet make
those in more form factors.

Yes, and it is a shame that they don't appear to do them in the Hue range
too. (As the thread discusses there are colour-temp-changing Hue bulbs
but I don't believe they can change automatically with dimmer level).

It makes no sense to do that. Those Hue bulbs have full control over
the intensity and color temp and it makes a lot more sense to have
a few scenes the situations you use the lights in and switch between
those scenes than to manually twirl some dimmer control.

And its trivial to use IFTTT to have the color temp track the intensity
as you twirl some control if you want to do it like that.

And given that Philips is into that sort of thing, bet it wont
be long before the app has that included. One of the other
Hue apps already has that, forget which one.