Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dimmable GU10 LED lamps?

On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 18:33:32 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 26 February 2019 18:19:41 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
T i m Wrote in message:
Hi all,We have one of those 3 lamp ceiling spotlights that currently
has
3 x50W halogen lamps in it that I would like to change to LED and one
ofthe dimmer switches that was previously recommended in another
thread.

Do bear in mind that the quality of light from a dimmed LED is
completely different from a tungsten bulb. They don't get
"warmer" as they dim.

They can do with the best designs like the Philips Hues.

No like some users they just get dimmer. You can change the colour of the
light though

So they dont just get a dimmer. And you are free to set a whole series of
intensity
and color settings so the color changes automatically as it dims. And can
name
them too so you can have scenes with to intensity and white you want too.

If yuo like fiddling but for most turning down the brightness also affect the colour temperature , a similar thing happens with the sun , you get a sunset.
For an LED to simulate that you'd have to set a preset, and then decide just how much and for how long, some of us have more interesting things to do.

we have LED lighting in our new lab, sounds great until you use it. Auto brightness too. Looks good but as yet I'm not convinced it's a good idea.

and perhaps in the future they';l have those that can truely simiulate
a tungsten bulb but I;ve yet to see that srtting on any menu.

But trivial to add those as scenes. Pre programmed by someone else too.

Yeah great but at what price and cost or usability.
How are those auto-piloted planes coming on and the driverless cars ?