Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Dimmable GU10 LED lamps?

"Tim+" wrote in message
T i m Wrote in message:
Hi all,We have one of those 3 lamp ceiling spotlights that currently has
3 x50W halogen lamps in it that I would like to change to LED and one
ofthe dimmer switches that was previously recommended in another thread.

Do bear in mind that the quality of light from a dimmed LED is
completely different from a tungsten bulb. They don't get
"warmer" as they dim.

They can do with the best designs like the Philips Hues.

Consequently, I reckon it's best to try and get the right
brightness and colour quality that you want from the
outset and not rely on a dimmer to adjust it afterwards.

It isnt always that simple. What I prefer in the hottest
weather is quite different to the coldest weather.

I originally thought that that was due to the 150W PAR38s
I used to use in the summer, but still get the same effect
now with the Hues which arent even warm to the touch.