Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Dimmable GU10 LED lamps?

On 25/02/2019 20:32, T i m wrote:
Hi all,

We have one of those 3 lamp ceiling spotlights that currently has 3 x
50W halogen lamps in it that I would like to change to LED and one of
the dimmer switches that was previously recommended in another thread.

However, I've never used / had a GU10 fitting or even changed a lamp
(thst I remember) and certainly don't therefore have any feel for just
how bright they may be (ITRW) in comparison with the supposed
watt-equavalent halogen.

They also seem to range in price considerably and I'm not sure how
likely that would reflect quality / reliability etc?

So, could anyone personally recommend a 'good' (VFM / reliability /
light level and dimmable) LED GU10 lamp please?

IMLE you may well not get the expected life if the fitting encloses the
lamp with little or no ventilation. They get too hot. But I'm willing
to swallow that for the savings on consumption.

--
Robin