Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Time for a new desk top PC, recommendations please

On Monday, 25 February 2019 15:16:53 UTC, michael adams wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I can hardly hear my mac mini or my iMac fans they both have fans that spin slowly
as the design is better as it just doesn't need brute force using cheap fans to cool
it.

Presumably the reverse must be true.

No.

If they scaled up these better designed iMac fans (although its surprising
Dyson didn't get there first)

It's not really the fans but the way the air is passed along and across the devices that need cooling. I've opened these things up and there are routes the airflow takes rather than just pumping through as much air as possible.

then presumably they could make much more
efficient wind turbines. With a gentle breeze generating Gigawatts
of power.

Then why not use the turbins that boats use in water or propelles from aircraft. ?

Well you need to design the products to do a specific job well, and that included areodynamics which aren't just used in planes and cars.

So that everybody would be happy.

michael adams