Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The basketball hoop

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
The other grandad bought it for Buster (8). Buster's dad tried to screw
it to the wall and failed. I was invited to Sunday dinner, but asked to
come early.

Son-in-law has a good hammer drill (thanks to my advice). He has a full
set of SDS drill bits (thanks to my generosity). But the supplied plugs
were very hard plastic and were too big to be tapped into a 7mm hole and
were loose in an 8mm hole. The supplied screws had narrow necks and big
heads. The necks sheared off with only moderate torque applied. Poor lad
thought it was him. I had to reassure him that it was the plugs and
screws. He had a few plugs and screws loose in his toolbox so we
managed. Then we had fish pie.

Could be just me, but most supplied screws and plugs end up unopened in a
box full of such things. They hardly ever look fit for purpose - apart
from perhaps fixing into wood.

--
*INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY *

Dave Plowman London SW