Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tubeguy@myshop.com is offline

Default Who makes RELIABLE modern electrolytic caps?

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 16:12:53 -0600, Fox's Mercantile
wrote:

On 2/17/19 2:11 AM, wrote:
Yes, the original question was which caps are BEST, but much of my
concern is based on the failed motherboards, which only lasted a year or
so.

Which, as usual, you didn't make at the beginning.

The Failed motherboards were, Dell.
Their "Lets buy cheap ****" almost put them out of business.
And that was almost 20 years ago.

It dont surprise me it was Dell. A friend had a Dell that was from the
early 2000s. It had XP on it. It was so frikkin slow I could literally
outtype it, using notepad. She asked me if there was something wrong
with it. I changed some settings and that did nothing. Since there was
nothing on the computer except a few free games, I formatted the hard
drive and reinstalled XP. Still slow.....

Heck, I had a much older and lower powered computer at the time that was
running Windows 98, which was 10X faster than that Dell.

A few years later I got an almost identical Dell computer given to me. I
installed XP on it and was shocked to find it was just as slow as the
friend's computer. I didn't even bother with it any further. I removed
the drives and sent the rest of it to the recycler....

Things may be different with Dell today, but I will never buy any Dell
computers, new or used, after that experience.

I strictly use all IBM/Lenovo computers. They last forever. I still have
one that works fine and is 20 years old. My newer ones I own are great
too.