Posted to uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Imperial socket sets still being sold?!

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 22:41:29 -0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 25/02/2019 22:38, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 22:34:18 -0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 25/02/2019 22:26, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 21:55:00 -0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 25/02/2019 21:28, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 20:59:16 -0000, Fredxx wrote:

On 25/02/2019 19:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I just bought a new socket set (for car repairs) as I lost my last
one.
Half the bits are imperial! What the hell are they selling those
for?
My first car was made in 1988, and even that was metric for goodness
sake. I guess half of it's going on freecycle for vintage car
owners.

Most people who want a metric set of sockets would buy a metric
socket
set.

Are you illiterate?

No, I just expected them all to be metric by now.

That's not very bright of you.

Clearly I'm ahead of the rest of the human race.

No, you're not bright enough to realise your not ahead of anyone else.
Deluded comes to mind.

Metric supersedes imperial.

In many cases, but not all.

Imperial has never superseded metric.

I know the yanks are
stuck with imperial, but I'd have thought the UK would be a bit more
modern by now.

Most people in the UK can discern the difference between a metric socket
set and a mixed metric/imperial socket set. You are the exception.

No, I assumed everyone else would be up to speed by now.

You should assume your assumptions are likely to be wrong.

So people are slower/thicker than I thought. Figures.

Clearly most of you are still living in the past.

We live in the present, best that way instead of making stupid mistakes.

If you use inches, you're in the past.