Posted to uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Imperial socket sets still being sold?!

On Mon, 25 Feb 2019 20:52:32 -0000, Bill Wright wrote:

On 25/02/2019 20:08, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 25/02/2019 19:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I just bought a new socket set (for car repairs) as I lost my last
one. Half the bits are imperial! What the hell are they selling those
for? My first car was made in 1988, and even that was metric for
goodness sake. I guess half of it's going on freecycle for vintage
car owners.

Still plenty of new stuff being sold using imperial. New rotary lawn
mower - the bolt that holds the blade on has a 9/16 inch head.
I expect if it has a Briggs and Stratten (USA) engine it will be all
imperial.

A lot of disability scooters are imperial.

Why? Because the owners are older?! That makes no sense at all.