Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Dimmable GU10 LED lamps?

Hi all,

We have one of those 3 lamp ceiling spotlights that currently has 3 x
50W halogen lamps in it that I would like to change to LED and one of
the dimmer switches that was previously recommended in another thread.

However, I've never used / had a GU10 fitting or even changed a lamp
(thst I remember) and certainly don't therefore have any feel for just
how bright they may be (ITRW) in comparison with the supposed
watt-equavalent halogen.

They also seem to range in price considerably and I'm not sure how
likely that would reflect quality / reliability etc?

So, could anyone personally recommend a 'good' (VFM / reliability /
light level and dimmable) LED GU10 lamp please?

I think we would want 'warm white' (it's in a bedroom) but ideally at
least as much light as seen from a (well 3x) 50W halogen lamp please
(if that's possible etc).

Cheers, T i m