Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dishwasher revival

On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 11:44:48 AM UTC-5, John Robertson wrote:

Not if you want to stay married. Or do you have a separate machine for
cleaning electronics gear than the kitchen machine?

John:

It is a division of labor that has worked now for very nearly 39 years, 36 of them married. I am in charge of appliance O&M and their proper function. My wife is a user of same, and as long as they operate smoothly when she needs them, she could care less on the throughput.

As we are on a municipal sewer with the means to control phosphorous, and chelate heavy metals, I have no qualms about using conventional detergents. Which, in turn, contain enough bleach as to render any creepy-crawlies dead.. So, when she needs the Dishwasher, the inside (stainless) is pristine and odor-free.

Our shared joke is that the hobby keeps me close to home, does not eat, and is cheaper than another woman.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA