Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet Andy Bennet is offline

Default Imperial socket sets still being sold?!

On 25/02/2019 19:02, Commander Kinsey wrote:
I just bought a new socket set (for car repairs) as I lost my last one.
Half the bits are imperial!* What the hell are they selling those for?
My first car was made in 1988, and even that was metric for goodness
sake.* I guess half of it's going on freecycle for vintage car owners.

Still plenty of new stuff being sold using imperial. New rotary lawn
mower - the bolt that holds the blade on has a 9/16 inch head.
I expect if it has a Briggs and Stratten (USA) engine it will be all
imperial.