Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Built in appliances?

Tim Watts wrote:

I've got one of those now - holds the temperature well at 4C and as a
result we are quite generous with "use by" dates, with attention paid to
what type of food (eg I'll let chicken and fish go a day over, red meat
longer and un prepared vegetables, I ignore completely and just see if
they're hairy or not. Ditto most dairy products barring soft cheese
which I am a bit wary of.

I think that is a sensible approach. There are too many people
who seem to be afraid to use their own judgment. It is not helped
by misunderstanding the crucial difference between "Best Before"
and "Use By", and recognising that safety margins are added.

In previous fridges I have had problems with salads and the like
freezing, and found that the one place not to put lettuce was in
the "crisper" drawer - the coldest spot.

The Miele has an optional circulating fan, and leaving this on,
although there is a small energy penalty, ensures that I have
never had any freezing anywhere in the fridge compartment.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.