Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Built in appliances?

On 24/02/2019 18:02, R D S wrote:
I've always poo poo-ed built in appliances but I was surprised to learn
that they (or dishwasher at least) have a greater interior capacity than
normal ones.

Just wondering what others opinions are?

Because we're redoing the kitchen and need (want) a new dishwasher and
our undercounter fridge has seen better days and can't decide which way
to go.

Having had to once replace a fridge/freezer with a peculiar door split
ratio that had to be matched (or the fitted doors simply would not work)
- I hate fitted stuff. It limited me to exactly one model from one
manufacturer.

How easy it might be next time to find no available suitable unit.

With a properly designed space, there's no disadvantage IMO to having
free standing appliances and it's so much easier to get them out if they
need servicing.

If looks matter, I'd rather have a door over a slightly deeper space
that a free standing can be slid into.

--
Email does not work