Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Side-entry fill valve

On 24/02/19 17:10, Mark wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message

I'm considering using one on the cold-water tank to see if it stops the
loud water hammer and "foghorn" we have. I've got it under control by
partially closing the isolating valve on the mains water supply to the
tank, but that's not really a satisfactory solution.

If it has a large DIAPHRAGM WASHER like this change it and make sure you get
it the correct way round
they harden with age and cause water hammer

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg

The float valve was brand-new in November.
https://www.screwfix.com/p/pegler-brass-part-2-float-valve/27627

Next time I remove it I'll have a look at the diaphragm.

--

Jeff