Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Best Adhesive And Filler For Fixing Old Dovetails?

On Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 6:28:55 AM UTC-5, Dr. Deb wrote:
On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 9:27:21 PM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
I need to repair a couple of drawers that have dried out dovetail joints. 2
drawers, maybe 16 pins.

I don't need anything like a full West Systems kit of epoxy and filler, but
I need something other than straight wood glue to fill in the gaps.

I could try wood glue and sawdust, but I'm wondering if there is something
better/neater.

Thanks.

If it were me, I, like you, would not go the West System, because you have to buy way more than you need I would use a quality epoxy (almost any quality brand) as its the best at both adhesion and gap filling.

The "way more" is exactly what I'm trying to avoid. ;-)

Back in my Soap Box Derby days I was buying the stuff by the gallon. I had pumps,
mixers, rollers, different kinds of filler, etc. Just don't need it anymore.

I thought I kept some filler when I tossed all the old liquids, but I can't find it. I just need a
little bit.

There's lots of West Systems products built into this bad boy.

https://i.imgur.com/xn31rqn.jpg