Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Side-entry fill valve

On 23/02/19 22:02, TMH wrote:
On 22/02/2019 16:42, Jeff Layman wrote:
Anyone fitted a Fluidmaster Side-entry fill valve?
https://www.screwfix.com/p/fluidmaster-side-entry-fill-valve/288fj

There is almost no information about this on the internet. Even
Fluidmaster seem to have little information, and what they have concerns
the bottom-entry fill, although I guess in practice there should be no
difference. I'm wondering how much it differs from the other
"Torbeck-style" float valves, as there are mixed reviews of those -
particularly when they jam fully open!

I'm considering using one on the cold-water tank to see if it stops the
loud water hammer and "foghorn" we have. I've got it under control by
partially closing the isolating valve on the mains water supply to the
tank, but that's not really a satisfactory solution.

No different to any other side entry valve IME

Thanks. A rare post from you!

--

Jeff