Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default What happened to the gas station air suppplies that a I liked.

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019 04:49:07 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Saturday, February 23, 2019 at 7:41:07 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:
On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 10:26:52 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 15:04:32 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:24:59 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 11:37:44 -0500, gm wrote:

On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 06:11:59 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 8:28:42 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Angelica... wrote: "
I disagree. Installation and maintenance of the equipment for filling
tires costs money.

Of course, the gas station could offer free air as a marketing ploy.

Cindy Hamilton "

Then explain why air for tires at stations was free going
back to almost the second world war. What changed during
the last 15 years?

More than 15 years, I think. I can't recall when air was free.

My guess would be that margins at gas stations have gotten
very slim. They make most of their money on the crap they
sell in the convenience store. It's a way to make a little
money from people who don't buy the Big Gulp.

Cindy Hamilton

I bet you will find these are usually installed and serviced by a 3d
party. The mechanic at the old time gas station could usually keep
them running but the 3d world cashier at the mini mart can barely run
the cash register.
Nor can the spoiled white boy or for that matter half the
politicians in the country, regardless of political affiliation.

Leave color out of it, Clare! Blue skin, white skin, black, orange, polka dots - we're all living beings! Our **** all smells the same - like ****.

We're talking about something that a LOT of us grew up with - free air at most garages and some fuel-only stations, during their operating hours.
"I" didn't bring up color. Some other a-hole said "the 3d world
cashier at the mini mart can barely run the cash register. " and I
just corrected him sayin pretty much what you said - color has
nothing to do with it. Don't get your knickers in a knot.

In some cases, color has a lot to do with it. For example, used to be
that you could take a cab ride in NYC

There's your first mistake.

Cindy Hamilton

You sayin' if you want a cab ride to the bronx you're likely to end
up somewhere in Jersey???