Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default What happened to the gas station air suppplies that a I liked.

On 02/23/2019 05:29 AM, wrote:
On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 4:09:37 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 03:23:43 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

Rod Speed wrote: "OK, ours, Australia, are in fact all free. Not sure if"

Legal requirement - for tire air to be free?
Not sure about that, but just for a second Rod:

Take a breath... Notice that air is all around us.

It SHOULD be free - in our lungs and in our tires!

It costs money to buy, operate,and maintain air compressors, hoses,
and infltors/guages.

What do you do for a living?

What services do YOU supply free of charge to people who may not even
be your customers?

At my company, if someone has dropped their software maintenance and
contacts us with a simple question, we're quite likely to answer it.

Then again, we have only a few hundred customers. It really is a
niche market.

We do the same. Often it's political. Some new broom decides the XYZ
dispatch system is better and forces the switch, not paying maintenance
during the transition. The actual dispatchers may hate the new software
being forced down their throats and we'll still give them support.

It's word of mouth to some degree. We'd rather have people going to
conferences and so forth and saying 'We had an ABC system and we loved
it. We switched to XYZ and it really sucks. Let us tell you how.'