Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default What happened to the gas station air suppplies that a I liked.

"Bod" wrote in message

At least for my biased sampling, card readers on gas pumps don't
have a chip reader. Nor do they have any real authentication
mechanism,
except for typing in your postal (ZIP) code. Some of them have RFID
readers for the gas station's own brand of credit card, but not for
generic VISA or MasterCard.

No pin. Credit card companies recently decided a signature
is not required, but most merchants still require a signature.

Yeah, weirdly primitive.

The rumor is that they thought Americans were too dumb to learn
another
PIN.

Cindy Hamilton

The UK has used contactless Debit cards (up to £30) for a few
years
now and plastic banknotes.

Question: Has the USA already changed to plastic banknotes?

--
Bod

---

No, I've never seen plastic currency. Last time I was in Europe, maybe
7 years ago, Euros were still all paper too. Must be a bitch to fold.

Lol, indeed.

Not with ours, they fold fine.

That's not what it says he

The polymer bank notes used in Australia are quite difficult to fold due
to their spring factor

https://www.noteworthy-collectibles....an-bank-notes/

In fact the fold fine.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j75ul7hj8n..._2094.JPG?dl=0

And why would you want to fold it anyway ?