Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default What happened to the gas station air suppplies that a I liked.

wrote
Rod Speed wrote

The U.S. banking system is the dinosaur.

True, weird that the country that invented the credit card
manages to have the crudest card system around even now.

Tho admittedly you don't see to many using those
machines which put the card on a multi sheet piece
of paper and sort of run the handle over the card so
it prints the car details onto the paper slips anymore.

One giant leap for you lot.

You lot still use checks much more than most now too.
I used to keep one unused check in my wallet in case
I ever needed it. Well over a decade after the last check
I wrote, I got new pads for my swamp cooler from one
old dinosaur who is the main seller of swamp pads in
my town who would only accept cash and checks. The
unused check was pretty battered by then with me
sitting on it in my wallet for so long, and he was pretty
dubious about it, but did accept it. It cashed fine.

You can somewhat blame the sensationalistic media who
were telling us anyone walking down the street could read
the information off of an RFID or other wireless credit card.

That doesn't explain why chip and pin was so slow coming to america.