Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Bennet Andy Bennet is offline

Default All new gas appliances to be banned in UK.

On 21/02/2019 18:52, NY wrote:
"Andy Bennet" wrote in message
We looked at installing an air source heatpump, would have cost
£13k to upgrade our existing wet system.

So does it heat the rooms by blowing warm air (*) through vents in the
room?

No

(*) I presume it does, since you say that it replaces your wet system.

Oh dear. Heat pump produces warm water,. Needs massive rads or
underfloor pipes and LOTS of insulation.

Two heat pumps in series can produce 80C down to -7C outside temp.
LG, Daikin and Panasonic already produce such systems which can use
existing rads.