Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default All new gas appliances to be banned in UK.

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
No neither have I but the thing is this, if they are not going to let
people get onto gas, they will do just what you see in other countries.
Use cylinders of gas instead.

In theory, there is no real reason for the ban, as for the foreseeable
future they have to use Gas to generate power.
It will need a love affair with nuclear, and better power storage systems
to allow renewable to work well when there is a peak demand. All
electrical heating is second hand ie inefficient energy, we can only use
it if we can make making it far more efficient. There has been no real
development of electrical heating since the very early days of
electricity. Itt still is put current through a resistor and the device
gives off heat. Its not terribly efficient. I do not see the LED
Equivelent of lights for heat anywhere, after all.

I think its a bit soon to say we shall not use gas. As I say I took the
choice not to have gas, but I do not have any central heating installed
other than storage heaters, but they do have drawbacks of time issues. IE
they use cheaper electricity, but try to store the heat, but are not that
efficient, and often when it gets cold its when the heat store is getting
depleted before the next cheap rate time so one gets either an override
which is not really a good way to do it, or use those oil filled heaters,
which are better to take up the slack in the evenings.

No when I heard this last night I almost laughed myself silly.

Many power stations seem to be using something like wood chips instead of
coal at the moment.

**** all do.

Where do these come from.

Mostly canada.

Are we destroying Canadian and Norwegian forests to make electricity?

In theory they are just another renewable energy source.

Completely stupid approach to power generation tho.

"harry" wrote in message
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...en-target.html

Well they are poisoning the users I suppose.
Once again Lam a trendsetter. No gas in our house!