Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default BMW on Motorway??

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 February 2019 10:55:04 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

yes, but fitting an anti-roll bar on the front and upgrading the
brake linings to (ISTR) VG95 made quite a difference.

I didn't realise they lacked an antiroll bar. I was somewhat
familiar with a 50s car that didn't & it almost fell over on slow
corners.

I didn't realise you could have strut suspension without an anti-roll
bar.

On my SD1 which has a very simple strut system, the ARB is part of the
location for the strut.

There are various ways to horribly bodge things that some mfrs used to
save a penny or 2.

Never heard of economy of design? A camel being a horse made by a
committee of engineers?

but, to the customer's specification.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England