Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default BMW on Motorway??

On 20/02/2019 18:34, ARW wrote:
On 19/02/2019 22:21, Andy Burns wrote:
F wrote:

The VSL cameras are also operating when the display is showing
national speed limit. They're not turned off and so will catch anyone
ignoring the NSL.

There's been a big dose of "fake news" from social media regarding
smart motorways and speed cameras recently ...

I suspect that it is fake news that they are set at 79MPH (the 10% =2
rule) However I have certainly seen them flash when there is no variable
speed limit in place.

Many moons ago ISTR Steve Firth saying that they would be set at 90MPH

When they were film rather than digital setting them too close to the
speed limit would catch a lot of people early but then be out of film
when the really serious offenders ran by.

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.