Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Self-aligning screw thread?

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 02:01:27 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/18/2019 10:08 AM, BillD wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 01:17:22 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 18:03:48 -0500, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

In the ordinance business we had to unteach that trick for guys
installing long time delay bomb fuses.

Explain.

Also explain why we call our UK maps "ordinance survey".

Ordinance is stuff like artillery and so the maps were for them originally

Ordinance is not ordnance, ffs.

Weren't you the one that confused the two to begin with?