Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default BMW on Motorway??

On 16/02/2019 17:03, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sat, 16 Feb 2019 14:00:19 +0000, ARW wrote:

The M1 is mostly "smart motorway" and even without the variable

speed
limit in operation everyone one was doing 70 and reasonably well
spaced out. Presumably because some of the VSL gantries also have
ordinary speed cameras bolted on the side...

What has a variable speed limit got do do with people driving at 70MPH?

Some of the gantries carrying the lane based VSL signs and per lane
cameras also have good old double flash speed cameras set at 70(ish)
sticking out the side. Saw a couple of the double flashes when the
VSL wasn't active...

OK I know what you mean. I pass them at 86MPH every day. M1 and M62
depending on where I am working.

Now I have seen them flash on the odd occasion that someone has
overtaken me.

--
Adam