Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Self-aligning screw thread?

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 02:10:43 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 20:10:58 -0000, TimR wrote:

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 5:38:36 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Yes I did write that. Pssst, you're meant to add a reply underneath.

What you need is a French interrupted screw...

Is that something you do on "la plage"? I did once interrupt a man and his wife (or bit on the side) while I was returning from a long walk along the Grand Canyon du Verdon. It had just got dark and they thought they had privacy. I came round the corner and saw her giving him a blowjob. She went bright red and he tried to cover his erection. I said "Oooh la la!" and walked past, then all three of us burst out laughing.

[consults Wikipedia]

Ahhh, cool invention, not suitable for screwing two pieces of wood together though.