Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 22:49:02 +0000, Dim Streater, an especially retarded,
troll-feeding, troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

Only the ones we've invaded.

Invading his pants yet again, Dim, you senile cocksucker? BG
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 09:28:13 +1100, 2987fr, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Because you are actually stupid enough to charge
over them at faster than the speed limit every time.

Rot, I believe he ALSO killfiled your 2987fr nym already! Maybe you SHOULD
get yet another nym? LMAO

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Self-aligning screw thread?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 19:08:44 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 02/18/2019 08:38 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
They shouldn't call them self tapping because they rarely do unless the
wood is very soft indeed. Usually the force to create the hole wears
off the er.... the bit the screwdriver goes into. I almost always use a
pilot drill first, unless I'm in a hurry, then I curse the bloody screws
when they burr.

Using the correct size of a quality screwdriver helps. What is the UK
equivalent of Harbor Freight?

"Self drilling" is the term, and if they aren't Chinese junk they are
usually good for 16 guage steel - perhaps 14. Useless foir anything
heavier. Chiners junk is good for about 18 guage aluminum on a good
day.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 02/18/2019 08:38 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
They shouldn't call them self tapping because they rarely do unless the
wood is very soft indeed. Usually the force to create the hole wears
off the er.... the bit the screwdriver goes into. I almost always use a
pilot drill first, unless I'm in a hurry, then I curse the bloody screws
when they burr.

Using the correct size of a quality screwdriver helps. What is the UK
equivalent of Harbor Freight?

"Self drilling" is the term, and if they aren't Chinese junk they are
usually good for 16 guage steel - perhaps 14. Useless foir anything
heavier. Chiners junk is good for about 18 guage aluminum on a good
day.

Actually there are at least four types of screw that cut their own
thread.
You have the self drilling that is a sheet metal screw with a drill
bit tip on the end that actually drills the pilot hole (Commonly
called Tek screws)
Then there is the self tapping sheet metal screw that just has a point
on the end and gnaws it's way in
The third is a "swage form" machine screw that goes into a pilot hole
and the tip is threaded all the way to the end with a slight taper and
a triangular shape until it gets to the body of the thread. It
actually swages threads
The 4th is a self tapping machine screw that has a tapered thread and
slits cut in it to take away the waste material just like a tap.
I have some of each type if anyone wants pictures.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default lowbrowman, Birdbrain's eternal senile whore!

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 19:06:12 -0700, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

In the current climate losers are coddled. It's called devolution.

Yeah, and you two driveling prize idiots are examples of such losers!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 19:04:35 -0700, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

All countries should be invaded. That's why it's called "race".

If there's one thing the British Isles knows about it's being invaded.

If there's ONE thing that Scottish attention whore knows it's about how to
get all you senile Yankietards to suck his cock, TIME and AGAIN! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 19:06:53 -0700, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

American spelling probably differs.

No, in this case it does not.

Is there ANY way to wean you senile toothless cocksucker away from the
Scottish ******'s cock, lowbrowman?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 18:59:44 -0700, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

Actually you don't; you call them 'Ordnance Survey'. The term goes back
to the Jacobite uprising. Britain wanted an accurate map of Scotland so
they could nuke the daft ****s.

Doesn't matter to him what it's called, senile cocksucker! ALL that matters
to him is whether you will or will not suck his cock! And you obviously
will! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 19:08:44 -0700, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

Using the correct size of a quality screwdriver helps.

Obviously the Scottish ******'s cock got the correct size for your toothless
senile gob, lowbrowman, you senile cocksucker! G

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 19:10:43 -0700, lowbrowman, the endlessly driveling,

Yes I did write that. Pssst, you're meant to add a reply underneath.

What you need is a French interrupted screw...

He doesn't. He ONLY needs some senile toothless geezers like you to suck
him off ...TIME and AGAIN! LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:45:29 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Using the correct size of a quality screwdriver helps. What is the UK
equivalent of Harbor Freight?

No such animal.

Actually, there are several like that, you endlessly driveling senile
bigmouth from Oz.

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 13:46:27 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

What you need is a French interrupted screw...

No one is actually stupid enough to let it screw them.

Actually, YOU senile troll-feeding geezers here ARE that stupid! BG
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 02:08:44 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On 02/18/2019 08:38 AM, Commander Kinsey wrote:
They shouldn't call them self tapping because they rarely do unless the
wood is very soft indeed. Usually the force to create the hole wears
off the er.... the bit the screwdriver goes into. I almost always use a
pilot drill first, unless I'm in a hurry, then I curse the bloody screws
when they burr.

Using the correct size of a quality screwdriver helps. What is the UK
equivalent of Harbor Freight?

I always use PZ2 screws with a PZ2 bit on an cordless drill. Not only is a power drill easier and faster than a manual screwdriver, but you can concentrate on holding it straight and providing enough force to keep the bit in the screw head, while the motor does the rotation. I'm talking about these sort of woodscrews (note this SORT, not these particular ones, this was the first link I found): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322667640506
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 2019-02-18 7:46 p.m., Rod Speed wrote:

"rbowman" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 20:10:58 -0000, TimR wrote:

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 5:38:36 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey
wrote:
In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly?* Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Yes I did write that.* Pssst, you're meant to add a reply underneath.

What you need is a French interrupted screw...

No one is actually stupid enough to let it screw them.

you are
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

From the complaint I had pretty much ruled out the common sheet
metal screw with the sharp split tip and the swage form - basically
narrowing it down to the "tek" - but then he complained about it only
working if the "wood" was soft - - - -

I really think he needs to limit himself to socket head (allen) or
hex head screws - and eventhen he needs to use the correct size
driver.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly?* Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century.* I'm
really not impressed with the devices we use today.

Good thing nobody gives a **** what you think. You don't like something,
make it better, collect the money and STFU!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 2/18/2019 5:21 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 18/02/2019 02:22, BillD wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly?Â* Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century.Â* I'm
really not impressed with the devices we use today.Â* On the one hand we
have mobile phones which are more powerful than supercomputers a few
decades ago, but then simple little things are still ****.Â* We still use
the internal combustion engine for example.Â* We can't cure the
simplest of diseases.

Thats not accurate with vaccination alone.

For goodness sake, priorities anyone?

Were doing fine with that with vaccination.

vaccination is not a cure, its a prophylactic.

The body cures simple diseases. All by itself.

Of course we can cure many others with antibiotics, but they have become
so rare that no one gets them anymore.

Many cancers can be cured by chemotherapy.

'Commader Kinsey' is of course just another nym shift from a resident
troll.

Who is still receiving the attention she strives.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century. I'm
really not impressed with the devices we use today. On the one hand we
have mobile phones which are more powerful than supercomputers a few
decades ago, but then simple little things are still ****. We still use
the internal combustion engine for example. We can't cure the
simplest of diseases.

Thats not accurate with vaccination alone.

For goodness sake, priorities anyone?

Were doing fine with that with vaccination.

vaccination is not a cure, its a prophylactic.

The body cures simple diseases. All by itself.

Of course we can cure many others with antibiotics, but they have become
so rare that no one gets them anymore.

Many cancers can be cured by chemotherapy.

'Commader Kinsey' is of course just another nym shift from a resident
troll.

Who is still receiving the attention she strives.

I'm male, I don't strive attention I just ask questions like anyone else, and it's not my fault if people can't control their killfiles. Most people can actually see replies to someone they've blocked!! Severe software error there.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 17:19:29 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century. I'm
really not impressed with the devices we use today.

Good thing nobody gives a **** what you think. You don't like something,
make it better, collect the money and STFU!

There are billions of people in the world, a lot of which are brilliant inventors, they're the ones that should be doing it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

From the complaint I had pretty much ruled out the common sheet
metal screw with the sharp split tip and the swage form - basically
narrowing it down to the "tek" - but then he complained about it only
working if the "wood" was soft - - - -

I really think he needs to limit himself to socket head (allen) or
hex head screws - and eventhen he needs to use the correct size
driver.

PZ2 is easier to use. I'm just saying they shouldn't be sold as "self tapping" if they really need a pilot hole.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 02:10:43 -0000, rbowman wrote:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 20:10:58 -0000, TimR wrote:

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 5:38:36 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Yes I did write that. Pssst, you're meant to add a reply underneath.

What you need is a French interrupted screw...

Is that something you do on "la plage"? I did once interrupt a man and his wife (or bit on the side) while I was returning from a long walk along the Grand Canyon du Verdon. It had just got dark and they thought they had privacy. I came round the corner and saw her giving him a blowjob. She went bright red and he tried to cover his erection. I said "Oooh la la!" and walked past, then all three of us burst out laughing.

[consults Wikipedia]

Ahhh, cool invention, not suitable for screwing two pieces of wood together though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 4:38:36 PM UTC-6, Commander Kinsey wrote:
In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

Just hammer it back on, no problem.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 07:21:02 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

They are called self tappers because they tap the hole.

BOTH of you are called assholes because you ONLY keep producing **** on all
the groups you infest!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

On 2019-02-19 1:21 p.m., Rod Speed wrote:

news

wrote:

[...]

* From the complaint I had pretty much ruled out the common sheet
metal screw with the sharp split tip and the swage form - basically
narrowing it down to the "tek" - but then he complained about it only
working if the "wood" was soft - - - -

*I really think he needs to limit himself to socket head (allen) or
hex head screws - and eventhen he needs to use the correct size
driver.

PZ2 is easier to use.* I'm just saying they shouldn't be sold as "self
tapping" if they really need a pilot hole.

They are called self tappers because they tap the hole.

They arent called self drillers, stupid.

yes they are
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Perhaps Australia is behind the times:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-t...drilling_screw

https://www.firstcallautosupply.com/...apping-screws/

Or is it just you being stupid?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

From the complaint I had pretty much ruled out the common sheet

Just you being a ****wit, as always. That's just ONE TYPE of self tapper,
****wit.

https://www.firstcallautosupply.com/...apping-screws/

Or is it just you being stupid?

Nope, you being a ****wit, as always.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 19/02/2019 21:52:41, Rod Speed wrote:

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 19/02/2019 20:21:02, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 17:02:54 -0000, Clare Snyder

*
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-t...drilling_screw

Just you being a ****wit, as always. That's just ONE TYPE of self
tapper, ****wit.

Its one kind of self tapper called a self driller.

https://www.firstcallautosupply.com/...apping-screws/

Or is it just you being stupid?

Nope, you being a ****wit, as always.

You're too thick to see you're stupid.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Posted to alt.home.repair

posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

Sure pix are great. I may learn something.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Clare Snyder posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

From the complaint I had pretty much ruled out the common sheet
metal screw with the sharp split tip and the swage form - basically
narrowing it down to the "tek" - but then he complained about it only
working if the "wood" was soft - - - -

I really think he needs to limit himself to socket head (allen) or
hex head screws - and eventhen he needs to use the correct size
driver.

Do not forget the JIS ones.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

From the complaint I had pretty much ruled out the common sheet
metal screw with the sharp split tip and the swage form - basically
narrowing it down to the "tek" - but then he complained about it only
working if the "wood" was soft - - - -

I really think he needs to limit himself to socket head (allen) or
hex head screws - and eventhen he needs to use the correct size
driver.

PZ2 is easier to use. I'm just saying they shouldn't be sold as "self
tapping" if they really need a pilot hole.

They are called self tappers because they tap the hole.

They arent called self drillers, stupid.

Perhaps Australia is behind the times:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-t...drilling_screw

Just you being a ****wit, as always. That's just ONE TYPE of self tapper,
****wit.

Its one kind of self tapper called a self driller.

But is just one type of self tapper, ****wit. Most self tappers arent self
drillers.

https://www.firstcallautosupply.com/...apping-screws/

Or is it just you being stupid?

Nope, you being a ****wit, as always.

You're too thick to see you're stupid.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 09:23:38 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

You certainly keep bull****ting your way into your grave, you 85-year-old
senile cretin!

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

Is that the best you can do? Are you on nasty medication or something? Or are you drinking again?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

From the complaint I had pretty much ruled out the common sheet
metal screw with the sharp split tip and the swage form - basically
narrowing it down to the "tek" - but then he complained about it only
working if the "wood" was soft - - - -

I really think he needs to limit himself to socket head (allen) or
hex head screws - and eventhen he needs to use the correct size
driver.

Do not forget the JIS ones.

Isn't that just a pozidrive?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 18:17:17 -0000, WWS TEXAS wrote:

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 4:38:36 PM UTC-6, Commander Kinsey wrote:
In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

Just hammer it back on, no problem.

Try that with a pop bottle. With today's treehugger regulations, everything's so ****ing flimsy it falls apart if you look at it the wrong way.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 04:14:19 -0000, Bill Wright wrote:

On 18/02/2019 00:43, Commander Kinsey wrote:

We can't cure the simplest
of diseases.

OK, get to work. Tell us when you have the cancer cure. Until then shut up.

I'm not a biologist, but I expect those that are to do something constructive.