Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Self-aligning screw thread?

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 17:19:29 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century. I'm
really not impressed with the devices we use today.

Good thing nobody gives a **** what you think. You don't like something,
make it better, collect the money and STFU!

There are billions of people in the world, a lot of which are brilliant inventors, they're the ones that should be doing it.