Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Self-aligning screw thread?

On Tue, 19 Feb 2019 17:20:22 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On 2/18/2019 5:21 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 18/02/2019 02:22, BillD wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century. I'm
really not impressed with the devices we use today. On the one hand we
have mobile phones which are more powerful than supercomputers a few
decades ago, but then simple little things are still ****. We still use
the internal combustion engine for example. We can't cure the
simplest of diseases.

Thats not accurate with vaccination alone.

For goodness sake, priorities anyone?

Were doing fine with that with vaccination.

vaccination is not a cure, its a prophylactic.

The body cures simple diseases. All by itself.

Of course we can cure many others with antibiotics, but they have become
so rare that no one gets them anymore.

Many cancers can be cured by chemotherapy.

'Commader Kinsey' is of course just another nym shift from a resident
troll.

Who is still receiving the attention she strives.

I'm male, I don't strive attention I just ask questions like anyone else, and it's not my fault if people can't control their killfiles. Most people can actually see replies to someone they've blocked!! Severe software error there.