Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default BMW on Motorway??

In article ,
wrote:
On Tuesday, 19 February 2019 14:45:41 UTC, NY wrote:
"Tim+" wrote in message
F news@nowhere Wrote in message:

I used to drive my father's Ford Anglia 1200 to see the then
girlfriend. 12 miles in 11 minutes with my foot down to the floor
and the speedo up against the stop at 92. Several pretty burnt out
valves when he sold it when I went to college but I had had some
fun.-- F

Yep, 65mph in an Anglia will do that. ;-) (12 miles in 11 minutes is
nowhere *near* 92 mph).

Though unless he and his girlfriend lived right on the roadside on a
road with no junctions or bends that required him to slow down or
stop, he'd have to be hitting 80-90 mph in places to average 65
door-to-door. Might have been possible at one time, but traffic levels
and speed cameras would make it difficult to achieve nowadays. Cars
have got faster, but traffic and speed limits have got worse.

ISTR Anglias having terrible brakes & poor stability.

NT

yes, but fitting an anti-roll bar on the front and upgrading the brake
linings to (ISTR) VG95 made quite a difference.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England