Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Self-aligning screw thread?

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 21:49:47 -0000, Tekkie® wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 18:03:48 -0500, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

In the ordinance business we had to unteach that trick for guys
installing long time delay bomb fuses.

Oh boy, I would have been mincemeat for sure because I am unteachable.

Are you a "whoops I forgot I wasn't supposed to do that" kinda person? We have drivers like that around here :-/