Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Self-aligning screw thread?

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default CAUTION!!! Birdbrain, the Abnormal Pathological Attention Whore, Strikes, AGAIN!

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 22:38:31 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson",
"Steven ******","Bruce Farquar", "Fred Johnson, etc.), the pathological
resident idiot and attention whore of all the uk ngs, blathered again:

FLUSH the abnormal sociopathic attention whore's latest idiotic
attention-baiting bull**** unread again

--
about Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL)
trolling:

--
ItsJoanNotJoann addressing Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"You're an annoying troll and I'm done with you and your

--
AndyW addressing Birdbrain:
"Troll or idiot?...

--
Phil Lee adressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are too stupid to be wasting oxygen."

--
Phil Lee describing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I've never seen such misplaced pride in being a ****ing moronic motorist."

--
Tony944 addressing Birdbrain Macaw:
"I seen and heard many people but you are on top of list being first class

--
Pelican to Birdbrain Macaw:
"Ok. I'm persuaded . You are an idiot."

--
DerbyDad03 addressing Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"Frigging Idiot. Get the hell out of my thread."

--
Kerr Mudd-John about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"It's like arguing with a demented frog."

--
Mr Pounder Esquire about Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"the **** poor delivery boy with no hot running water, 11 cats and

--
Rob Morley about Birdbrain:
"He's a perennial idiot"

--
JoeyDee to Birdbrain
"I apologize for thinking you were a jerk. You're just someone with an IQ

--
Sam Plusnet about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson Sword" LOL):
"He's just desperate to be noticed. Any attention will do, no matter how

--
asking Birdbrain:
"What, were you dropped on your head as a child?"

--
Christie addressing endlessly driveling Birdbrain Macaw (now "James
Wilkinson" LOL):

--
Mr Pounder's fitting description of Birdbrain Macaw:
"You are a well known fool, a tosser, a pillock, a stupid unemployable

--
Richard to pathetic ****** Hucker:
"You haven't bred?

--
about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
""not the sharpest knife in the drawer"'s parents sure made a serious

--
Mr Pounder exposing sociopathic Birdbrain:
"You will always be a lonely sociopath living in a ******** with no hot

--
francis about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"He seems to have a reputation as someone of limited intelligence"

--
Peter Moylan about Birdbrain (now "James Wilkinson" LOL):
"If people like JWS didn't exist, we would have to find some other way to

--
Lewis about nym-shifting Birdbrain:
"Typical narcissist troll, thinks his **** is so grand he has the right to
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 22:38:31 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

Stop cross-posting you limey lout !

You ****wit
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly?* Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile Idiot Alert!

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 18:03:48 -0500, "Retarded , another obviously mentally
handicapped troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

....and troll-feeding senile idiot no.1 appeared to take the abnormal
Scottish attention whore's latest idiotic bait, hook, line and sinker again!
tsk

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

Stop cross-posting you limey lout !

You ****wit

1) If crossposting was wrong, newsservers wouldn't accept it.
2) Crossposting allows the post to be seen by two groups of people, and the conversation can be added to by everyone.
3) WTF have you got against it? Don't you want to make new friends across the pond?
4) You utter imbecilic low IQ Yankee dip**** moron.
5) Don't vandalise my newsgroup header again.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

I only heard of it once, from my father when I was attempting to attach a lenshood onto a FED 4 35mm film camera, which has a very very fine thread.

BTW, it's manoeuvre.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century. I'm really not impressed with the devices we use today. On the one hand we have mobile phones which are more powerful than supercomputers a few decades ago, but then simple little things are still ****. We still use the internal combustion engine for example. We can't cure the simplest of diseases. For goodness sake, priorities anyone?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

The closest thing I have seen to that is a screw with a fairly long
section of un threaded lead the same size as the I/D of the hole. It
allows you to get the screw started and parallel before the threads
engage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 18:03:48 -0500, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly?Â* Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

In the ordinance business we had to unteach that trick for guys
installing long time delay bomb fuses.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century. I'm
really not impressed with the devices we use today. On the one hand we
have mobile phones which are more powerful than supercomputers a few
decades ago, but then simple little things are still ****. We still use
the internal combustion engine for example. We can't cure the simplest of diseases.

Thats not accurate with vaccination alone.

For goodness sake, priorities anyone?

Were doing fine with that with vaccination.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Some years ago there was a thred with three spirals on it. It was indeed
hard to get it on badly.

I guess the self tapping screw was the solution they came up with, cheap and
cheerful
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always
aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you
have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On 18 Feb 2019 02:22:57 GMT, BillD, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

That¢s not accurate with vaccination alone.

Not to forget that senile 85-year-old cretins like would usually have long
been dead without medical assistance a few decades ago, you despicable
obnoxious senile piece of trolling ****!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
Some years ago there was a thred with three spirals on it. It was indeed
hard to get it on badly.

I guess the self tapping screw was the solution they came up with, cheap and
cheerful
Brian

There are quite a few with two but mainly wood screws and you do not
have to restart as often.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 18/02/2019 02:22, BillD wrote:
Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century. I'm
really not impressed with the devices we use today. On the one hand we
have mobile phones which are more powerful than supercomputers a few
decades ago, but then simple little things are still ****. We still use
the internal combustion engine for example. We can't cure the simplest of diseases.

Thats not accurate with vaccination alone.

For goodness sake, priorities anyone?

Were doing fine with that with vaccination.

vaccination is not a cure, its a prophylactic.

The body cures simple diseases. All by itself.

Of course we can cure many others with antibiotics, but they have become
so rare that no one gets them anymore.

Many cancers can be cured by chemotherapy.

'Commader Kinsey' is of course just another nym shift from a resident troll.

--
In todays liberal progressive conflict-free education system, everyone
gets full Marx.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

The closest thing I have seen to that is a screw with a fairly long
section of un threaded lead the same size as the I/D of the hole. It
allows you to get the screw started and parallel before the threads
engage.

That sounds very useful, why aren't they all made like that?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 01:17:22 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 18:03:48 -0500, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

In the ordinance business we had to unteach that trick for guys
installing long time delay bomb fuses.

Explain.

Also explain why we call our UK maps "ordinance survey".
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 02:22:57 -0000, BillD wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 23:03:48 -0000, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

What I'm looking for is an inventor to bring us into this century. I'm
really not impressed with the devices we use today. On the one hand we
have mobile phones which are more powerful than supercomputers a few
decades ago, but then simple little things are still ****. We still use
the internal combustion engine for example. We can't cure the simplest of diseases.

Thats not accurate with vaccination alone.

Cold vaccine anyone?

For goodness sake, priorities anyone?

Were doing fine with that with vaccination.

Stop repeating yourself Rod Speed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 01:17:22 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 18:03:48 -0500, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

In the ordinance business we had to unteach that trick for guys
installing long time delay bomb fuses.

Explain.

Also explain why we call our UK maps "ordinance survey".

Ordinance is stuff like artillery and so the maps were for them originally

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 15:36:39 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 01:17:22 -0000, wrote:

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 18:03:48 -0500, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

In the ordinance business we had to unteach that trick for guys
installing long time delay bomb fuses.

Explain.

Long time delay fuses (minutes to hours) have an anti tamper device
that causes the bomb to go off immediately if you try to unscrew it.

Also explain why we call our UK maps "ordinance survey".

Probably because they were originally derived from artillery range
maps or drawn by the people who made that kind of map.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:22:22 -0000, wrote:

wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

The closest thing I have seen to that is a screw with a fairly long
section of un threaded lead the same size as the I/D of the hole. It
allows you to get the screw started and parallel before the threads
engage.

That sounds very useful, why aren't they all made like that?

Depth of the hole or not wanting extra screw length on the back side?

Yes, not everyone wants to be screwed on the backside :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I thought perhaps I was confusing two words, but I wasn't. You were :-)

Ordinance = a law
Ordnance = explosives

The maps are called "Ordnance Survey" - so I guess you may be right about artillery range maps. In fact you a
https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/abo...w/history.html

"The name Ordnance Survey hints at how it all began.

Britains mapping agency has its roots in military strategy: Mapping the Scottish Highlands following rebellion in 1745.
Later, as the French Revolution rumbled on the other side of the English Channel, there were real fears the bloodshed may sweep across to our shores.

So the government ordered its defence ministry of the time €“ the Board of Ordnance €“ to begin a survey of Englands vulnerable southern coasts. Until then, maps had lacked the detail required for moving troops and planning campaigns.

It was an innovative young engineer called William Roy who was tasked with the initial small-scale military survey of Scotland.

Starting in 1747, it took eight years to complete what was known as the Great Map at a scale of 1:36 000 (1.75 inches to a mile). Roads, hills, rivers, types of land cover and settlements were recorded. William Roy described it as rather a €˜magnificent military sketch than a very accurate map of the country.

Roys surveying parties of about eight relied on simple surveying compasses to measure the angles, and chains up to 50 feet long to measure distance between important features. Much of the rest was sketched in by eye.

Nevertheless, the map was a powerful tool as part of a broader strategy to open up access to the Highlands.

The fact that Roy was just 21 years old with no military commission when he started the survey makes his achievements even more extraordinary.

His work paved the way for modern surveying and he understood the strategic importance of accurate maps. At the time of his death in 1790 his vision of a national survey for Britain was almost within reach."
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:35:32 -0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
news
https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/abo...w/history.html

My wife once worked in Waterstones - she often dealt with people wanting
Ordnance Survey Maps for various foreign holiday destinations!

Sounds fine to me. Do they do foreign countries? I wouldn't know, and why would the customers?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

My spell check only seems to like the first one. Sorry for the
confusion. I didn't catch it

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 5:38:36 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

Posted to alt.home.repair

One basic flaw with the "turn backwards to catch the thread" approach: you've just carefully wrapped the threads with teflon tape in the right direction, and now you've unwound it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 20:10:58 -0000, TimR wrote:

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 5:38:36 PM UTC-5, Commander Kinsey wrote:
In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it jump into place.

Yes I did write that. Pssst, you're meant to add a reply underneath.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:35:32 GMT, DerbyBorn, another mentally challenged,
troll-feeding senile idiot, blathered:

My wife once worked in Waterstones - she often dealt with people wanting
Ordnance Survey Maps for various foreign holiday destinations!

The sociopathic troll and attention whore thanks you nicely for feeding him
with yet more attention, you braindead, senile, troll-feeding idiot! tsk
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Troll-feeding Senile Yankietard Alert!

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 14:24:56 -0500, , the disgusting,
troll-feeding senile Yankietard, blathered again:

My spell check only seems to like the first one. Sorry for the
confusion. I didn't catch it

You don't catch a LOT of things, you troll-feeding senile asshole!

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 18 Feb 2019 17:14:43 GMT, BillD, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Works fine in sheet metal and in thicker metal if you get the hole size
right.

Idiots like the two of you, NEVER get anything right. That's why you became
Usenet trolls. It's the ONLY thing you braindead psychos can get right!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 18 Feb 2019 17:12:43 GMT, BillD, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Cold vaccine anyone?

We don¢t have bone because it evolves too fast.

Did the Scottish troll killfile you, senile Ozzie troll? Maybe it's time for
you to adopt yet another new nym? LOL

--
about senile Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 18 Feb 2019 17:08:43 GMT, BillD, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Also explain why we call our UK maps "ordinance survey".

Ordinance is stuff like artillery and so the maps were for them originally

Looks like you lonely senile Ozzie troll keep getting ignored even by the
other trolls! There just is something about you... ROTFLOL!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On 18 Feb 2019 17:08:42 GMT, BillD, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

That sounds very useful, why aren't they all made like that?

It costs more to make it like that and doesn¢t look as good with that bit
sticking out of the nut.

I wonder how the Hucker troll found out so quickly about your nym-change,
senile Rot. LOL

--
Bill Wright to senile Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 21:58:27 -0000, Commander Kinsey
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 21:49:47 -0000, Tekkie® wrote:

posted for all of us...

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 18:03:48 -0500, wrote:

In the 21st century, has someone not invented a screw thread which
always aligns perfectly? Even a simple bottle top never goes on
straight, you have to turn the bloody thing backwards to make it
jump
into place.

Methinks what you are looking for is called a "cork".

BTW, we teach our children the "turn it backwards" maneuver.

In the ordinance business we had to unteach that trick for guys
installing long time delay bomb fuses.

Oh boy, I would have been mincemeat for sure because I am unteachable.

Are you a "whoops I forgot I wasn't supposed to do that" kinda person?
We have drivers like that around here :-/

Like this (and remember in the UK you go clockwise round a roundabout):
https://youtu.be/fV9d5t8sla8

Or buses, don't get me started on buses: https://youtu.be/LJzCLq55nvg

Or people who can't stay on their own side of the white lines:
https://youtu.be/lg4DftVCzJc

And the criminal damage our councils cause to our cars by putting
artificial obstructions in the middle of the road, it costs me two
suspension parts every single year: https://youtu.be/4rTu0jVTCK8

Because you are actually stupid enough to charge
over them at faster than the speed limit every time.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 22:49:02 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Commander Kinsey
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:35:32 -0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
news
https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/abo...w/history.html

My wife once worked in Waterstones - she often dealt with people wanting
Ordnance Survey Maps for various foreign holiday destinations!

Sounds fine to me. Do they do foreign countries? I wouldn't know, and why
would the customers?

Only the ones we've invaded.

All countries should be invaded. That's why it's called "race".