Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Who makes RELIABLE modern electrolytic caps?

On Sunday, February 17, 2019 at 2:13:03 PM UTC-8, Fox's Mercantile wrote:

The Failed motherboards were, Dell.
Their "Lets buy cheap ****" almost put them out of business.

Oh, no, it's not that simple. Dell was publiclly traded, and made formal notice
in their stockholder report one quarter, and that was big news. But, Apple
had similar problems (trust me, I own a couple or three), as did everyone else.

The faulty technology was widely rebranded and even given counterfeit
labeling, and wasn't purged from inventories for some years.

The bad capacitors weren't significantly less expensive than any others on
the market, and turned bad only after a year or so (so incoming tests couldn't
catch the problem).