Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] stephenten@tesco.net is offline

Default size SWA to garage 30m away

Regarding your point about the infrastructure being unable to cope....

I reckon that electric car owners will sign up to economy 7 electric which means their cars will be charged between midnight and seven am where the majority of people will be in bed.

The infrastructure is clearly able to cope with peak load during the morning get up, shower and have beakfast run and again for when people get home, shower cook and watch tav, surf internet and then go to bed.

So instead of two peak time periods every day we could see three peak periods every day.

When you consider all the kettles, electric showers, toasters, electric cookers etc during day time Vs battery Chargers during the night....

Having said that, houses with night storage heating systema may struggle to charge cars without having a 250 amp cutout supply!