Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Gtech V Dyson cordless?

On Fri, 15 Feb 2019 23:42:33 +0000, Gone Fishin
wrote:

On 14/02/2019 14:10, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

Now on a G-Tech Air Ram. Only had it since Nov. but so far it's been
great. Much easier to clean the inner core filter (foam) than the Dyson.
Down side is it won't quite fit under our sofa and no good for the
stairs but as a general whip-around on hard floors and carpets it's
great and charge seems to last far longer and battery can be replaced or
presumably a 2nd one to charge while t'other one is in use.

--
Gym Equipment & CBD Supplements.
https://www.gymratz.co.uk/cbd-hemp-supplements/

I moved from a Dyson corded to the Gtech Ram a few months ago. The Dyson
did a good job but it was heavy. To replace it would have cost a lot
more than
the bundled Gtech ( it comes with a separate portable). Pleased with it
but it
does need emptying frequently. Its easy to strip and clean and battery
life is
quite acceptable, the web lists a comprehensive list of spares which
they load the
prices as did Dyson. Would buy again Note: No dogs

Thanks for the feedback.

Daughter bought us the Dyson V6 Animal a while back and we left it at
the flat for her to use while she is staying there (looking after her
sister).

She didn't really get to use it fully here but sent me a message the
other day that just said 'This cleaner is a godsend', praise indeed
from her as an atheist and on cleaners! ;-)

Now, I'm pretty sure that most of that praise wasn't specifically
because it was better than any other cordless cleaner (she's not tried
any afaik) but how much more *convenient* is as compared to the Dyson
corded upright it (looks like it) has replaced.

eg, You don't have to lug it out from anywhere (lighter), don't have
to unwind the cord (not even recoiling), no need to find a plug socket
or deal with the cord when in use, easier and lighter to actually use,
will go under fairly low furniture, easy to empty [1], easy to put
away (no cord to unplug and re-coil).

So, because of all the above she tells me she had the cleaner out
'several times' that day to give a quick clean up as / when bits were
spotted, rather than letting it get bad before bothering with the
bigger cleaner.

I'd still like to test a Gtech Air Ram though.

Cheers, T i m

[1] If the cleaner is mostly full of dogs hair (or a particular type
of dog hair possibly) it does seem it sometimes needs a little help re
emptying the cylinder as the hair seems to bind together and then
catch up inside a bit. In most cases you can gently pull it out in one
or two 'chunks' with your fingers or drop the whole container off for
better access.

The Gtech 'mechanical ejection' / bale design looks like it could be
more efficient?