Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Dishwasher Dispenser Doesn't Open Until Dry Cycle

"Art Todesco" wrote in message
On 2/14/2019 5:31 AM, Red Hyman wrote:
On 2/14/19 12:14 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, December 26, 2007 at 7:17:09 PM UTC-6, FL wrote:

I decided to try resetting it. I couldn't access the power plug so I
went to the circuit breaker and turned it off and on.

My Bosch dishwasher also has this problem, I am curious how did you do
the reset. Just turn the power on and off?

When a device starts acting stupid, turn the circuit breaker of for 60
seconds and then back on. That usually works for me.

Unfortunately as micro controllers creep into our appliances, this seems
to happen more and more.

Never happened with any of mine and its
only the toaster that doesnt have one.

Designers don't know how to build fault tolerant controllers,

They clearly do with cars and planes.

hence we get these kind of things happening. I have a fridge that will
just shut itself down when there is a power glitch and you have to do the
"reset" thing by powering down for some time and then power back up.

None of mine do. The most you have to do with
some like the microwaves is reset the time.

I've gone so far as to buy a controller that detects a power deviation and
removes power from the fridge for a set amount of time and then restores
it.

Dont have to with mine.

I hope this device doesn't suffer from the same types of problems.