Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Project fear nonsense this time from the CBI. So what wouldthey know ?

On 14/02/2019 19:18, 2987fr wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

wrote:

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .

I'm still waiting to hear IN WHICH WAY Moggy is evading tax.

By appearing to receive the taxable income in the
Cayman Islands tax haven where no tax is paid on that.
Unlikely that he actually spends much time there.

But he must still declare that income on his UK tax return.

Not if it is income of a Cayman Islands based operation.

Yes. You have to declare your world-wide income. Once it appears in a
bank account that you control, it is deemed income at the exchange rate
that prevails on that day. And the revenue wants to know about all such
bank accounts.

But that doesnt mean that you have to pay UK income tax on that income.

That the whole point of those tax havens.

So what law or treaty or rule or regulation do you invoke to avoid
paying tax on it?

Dont need anything like that.

It's income. You declare it. You pay tax on it.

Not when its the income of a commercial operation
that claims it is operating out of the Cayman Islands.

But your claim was that Rees Mogg was evading tax, not some company he
has shares in.

Am I guilty of tax evasion if I invest in Apple?

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell