Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ultrasonic cleaner pinholes

"speff" wrote in message
A friend has gifted me a little 100W ultrasonic cleaner (typical
Chinese) that he was using to clean brass for reloads.

The cleaning solution (salt, vinegar, dish soap, water) seems to
have created pinholes, probably where there were inclusions near the
deepest drawn section.

Could this be painted with epoxy paint? Or should I try to TIG a
thin SS sheet over the bottom tacking it at a few spots to keep it
moving?

--Spehro Pefhany

I welded a rust pit leak in a thin stainless (-ish) kettle by backing
the hole with copper. I probably could have done a neater job with a
torch and silver solder but I wanted the TIG practice.

-jsw