Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default BMW on Motorway??

Actually my neighbour had a Metro and boy could that thing move. The speedo
kind of just hit the end and after that it was guesswork. Only problem with
it was that it tended to be full of rust even when new.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"TimW" wrote in message
On 13/02/2019 12:27,
wrote:
Overheard someone talking to someone that was going to supply her a
temporary vehicle. She was very concerned that the car should be at
least a 2.0 as she intends to dive on the motorway.

I assume they offered a beemer, because she said

"I don't know anything about BMW's I drive a Jaguar.
I don't know if they can be driven on the motorway."

How the other half lives! I used to take my 1.0 Metros from London to
Preston & back on the motorway on a regular basis (leaving Jaguars and
BMs eating my lead!)

Ah yes!
Push the throttle down as far as it will go and keep it there. Turn the
stereo cassette player up loud enough to hear over the noise and leave
that there too. About 90 on the flat, slowing to 70 or less if it's up
hill. It was a Renault5 for me, when I could get it started. Back and
forth on the M3 and M4.
TW