Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BMW on Motorway??

In article ,
wrote:
Overheard someone talking to someone that was going to supply her a
temporary vehicle. She was very concerned that the car should be at
least a 2.0 as she intends to dive on the motorway.

I assume they offered a beemer, because she said

”I don‘t know anything about BMW‘s I drive a Jaguar.
I don‘t know if they can be driven on the motorway.•

Most BMWs probably overtook her on the motorway going so fast she couldn't
read the badge. And likely plenty white vans too.

How the other half lives! I used to take my 1.0 Metros from London to
Preston & back on the motorway on a regular basis (leaving Jaguars and
BMs eating my lead!)

Which just means they were vaguely keeping to the speed limit. Given most
BMWs and Jags ever made were faster than a 1 litre Metro. But at least the
Metro had a speedo which told you you were going fast. ;-)

--
*Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.