Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default PEX For Shop Air Lines?

writes:
On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 03:59:10 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

In other words, they weren't very "instructive" other than to proof that you can indeed cause
PVC to shatter while under pressure. Freezing the pipe apparently helps too.

Except that I don't want to be anywhere around it when it does. That's
good enough for me. You welcome to risk your life foolishly.

As with everything, the details matter. PVC pipe in a pipe chase or
protected by an enclosure is perfectly fine for compressed air so long
as the PSI limitations of the pipe are honored.

PVC pipe in a location where it is subject to abuse, bad idea.